- What results can I expect?
When someone is motivated to learn, grow and transform themselves into a stronger, happier and higher performing version of themselves, excellent results and transformation are possible. Here are recent results our clients experienced:
SALES PROS and SALES LEADERS
- Helped a sales leader increase close ratio by 41%.
- Helped a sales leader raise his listening skills from a 3 to a 9.
- Helped a sales pro experience 266% growth and become much happier.
- Helped a sales leader go from a 5 to a 10 in terms of professionalism, how he comes across, his self-awareness and the impact he has on others.
- Helped a sales pro with a $1.5M quota triple pipeline and double sales.
- Helped a sales pro go “from bottom to top performer” and a promotion.
EXECUTIVES and ENTREPRENEURS
- Helped a Health Tech CEO adopt a strengths-based culture with higher team engagement.
- Helped a VP Products realize how unique his strengths are in ideation and futuristic thinking so he started a successful innovation lab.
- Helped a VP Customer Success ace his first 90 days at a new company.
- Helped an entrepreneur sell his company.
- Helped co-owners of a financial firm design an aggressive growth plan.
- Helped an entrepreneur scale her business by moving to a recurring revenue model.
- Greater clarity on what they really want and how to get it, i.e. better jobs, new careers, better relationships. Focus. Energy. Peace of Mind.
- How is coaching different from training?
Most Sales Training:
- “one-size-fits-all” approach, one-to-many
- usually delivered in one or several chunks
- takes people out of their context, puts them into some conference room
- technical change (methodology, technique, process)
- focused on the Hard Skills and Soft Skills.
External Sales Coaching:
- personalized and confidential
- a series of calls over 3 to 6 months
- is real-time and in-context for the client
- behavioral change
- inspires individual discovery and raises awareness.
- focused on the Inner Dimensions aka the inner game of selling such as motivation, attitude, confidence, beliefs, self-talk.
It’s certainly easy to bring in trainers and run a group through all at once, but retention rates are incredibly low (typically only 10% after 30 days), and what works for one person may not work for others. That’s why coaching, with it’s individualized approach, can make such a powerful and lasting difference.
- How does it work?
Through a series of conversations, mostly by phone or Skype, we assess where you are at the start, establish the goals for what you want to get out of coaching, and then begin the real work.
You will hear questions that will open your eyes, make you think differently, and see things in new ways. We’ll do exercises, visualizations, brainstorm and strategize.
We’ll pull in our own, deep business experience into the brainstorming and strategizing – and we’ll use a full range of coaching tools and methodologies as the opportunity presents.
The journey isn’t always easy, but overall, clients experience it as really positive.
We’ll have 3 calls a month for the first 3 months. Then we usually go to 2 calls a month. Sessions last 45 to 50 minutes.
The time in between sessions is as important as what we do during sessions, because you’ll have homework to do, you’ll try new things, and you’ll find that the discoveries from the calls generate further awareness, understanding, and action.
- How soon can I get started?
The set up takes a couple of conversations by Skype or phone. To get started meeting face to face is ideal – but not necessary. We have clients in multiple countries.
There are no lengthy contracts. Just get started. We’ll invoice you monthly. You can stop any time.
- What is Sales Performance Coaching?
Coaching is a process that inspires people to maximize their personal and professional potential. Applied to Sales, it helps individuals get more out of each interaction, gives them tools to build stronger relationships with customers and colleagues, and develops a clear understanding of what they need to do, and who they need to be to reach their goals.
Although coaching is focused on the individual, its success brings significant benefits to the organization, as well, including: retention of valued talent; increased engagement, motivation and productivity; development of high-potential performers; greater job satisfaction for the participant; and achievement of organization objectives.
- As a manager, how soon will I see results?
As the manager you should start sensing “hmm, something is changing in that person” surprisingly soon. Results become more tangible over the 3 months.
The person we coach should experience things starting to shift rather quickly. In fact, just engaging a coach for one of your employees says, “Hey, we care about you and your development.” That alone makes a difference to most we’ve worked with. And then, with each session, new insights and discoveries are going to infuse the client’s work with greater understanding, skills, and conviction.
That doesn’t mean you’ll see a 180-degree change overnight, nor that someone suddenly becomes a super star after only one or two sessions. Change takes time and we have to respect that. Still, most clients report that they get tangible benefits from the very first conversation!
- How compatible is coaching with our Sales Methodologies?
It’s fully compatible. Coaching helps people embrace and enhance their use of methodologies, systems and processes.
- As a manager, isn't it my job?
You don’t abdicate your coaching role when you partner with a professional coach because we’re perfectly complimentary.
You focus on *your* greatest skills — leading a high-performing team. You skillfully coach by using your domain specific experience and know-how. You strategize, forecast, compensate, hire, onboard and develop their Hard Skills and Soft Skills.
Meanwhile, we focus on their Inner Dimensions, the inner game of sales and sales leadership, where motivation, confidence, attitude, and beliefs lie that are so critical to success. We go where the boss can’t because we are unbiased and confidential.
We’re trained to help people open up so they get new perspectives and awareness on themselves, their strengths and limiting beliefs, their performance, their context and those around them.
There’s a reason why sports teams have more than one coach or manager, and a reason why you should have specialist support, as well.